All posts tagged "Rock and Roll"
Art Review: Kurt, at the Seattle Art Museum, Explores Kurt Cobain’s Influence on Contemporary ArtistsJuly 20, 2020
Nearby, Jeffry Mitchell’s portrait as Kurt is arguably the hidden gem of the exhibit. Self-Portrait as...
Movie Review: The RunawaysJuly 11, 2020
“It’s not about women’s lib, kitties, it’s about women’s libido!” manager Kim Fowley (Michael Shannon) screams...
The Rock Posters of Rich BlackMay 13, 2020
A photographic essay: The Rock Posters of Rich Black.
I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead: The Dirty Life and Times of Warren Zevon by Crystal ZevonMay 2, 2020
I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead is sort of an extended wake for its subject. There’s very...
Sister Rosetta Tharpe and the British Blues RevivalApril 28, 2020
Interest in Rosetta in Britain was part and parcel of a larger trend: the postwar blues...
Nothin’ Short of Dyin’ Half as Lonesome as the SoundApril 19, 2020
The last time I saw Johnny Cash was the first time I saw Johnny Cash –...
The Funk BrothersApril 16, 2020
A few hundred fortunate Californians were sharing a moment of transcendence with the Funk Brothers, the...
The Story of AC/DC by Susan MasinoJanuary 14, 2020
Rock biographies, particularly of bands, are an odd subgenre. With an individual singer or instrumentalist, the...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Popular Search Terms
- classement x nc-17 (usa)
- tempera george tooker
- nc 17
- Faces of Jesus exhibit in Philadelphia Art Museum
- nuclear power is not the answer quotes
- hyde park on hudson movie
- merlin season 2 episode 5 beauty and the beast
- some indians are rich; most are not some are very well educated; others are illiterate some lead easy lives of luxury; others toil hard for little reward some are politically powerful: others cannot influence anything some have great