Is Joss Whedon’s biggest year ever taking a second lap?
by Dan Fields
March 8th, 2013
by Alix McKenna
March 22nd, 2010
In addition to depriving Iranians of their cultural property, a decision to turn over the artifacts to the Rubin plaintiffs would have grave effects for the museums involved and cultural institutions in general. Four American institutions could be divested of objects currently in their collections and unable to use them for research purposes.
March 11th, 2008
By the end of that lecture, Roget had concluded that one of the causes of “the slow progress of human knowledge” was “the imperfections of language, both as an instrument of thought and a medium of communication.” It was on that June morning that Dugald Stewart implanted in his disciple a mission which was to occupy him for the rest of his life.
by Vikram Johri
September 26th, 2007
Reminding the reader that the likes of Thomas Edison, Leonardo da Vinci and Albert Einstein were dyslexics, Wolf ponders whether we can explain the “preponderance of creativity and ‘thinking outside the box’ in many people with dyslexia?” Wolf’s rhetorical questions are tackled with grace and one always feels richer for having spent time with her.
June 13th, 2007
Suppose one’s made a viable, literate translation that succeeds in conveying the narrative or expository sense of an original. What if it turns out that one’s own culture resists it, and refuses to receive it?
April 3rd, 2007
“…This is clearly boosting English learning at the moment, but there are already signs that something similar will soon begin to reinforce Chinese too…If English-speakers cease to lead technically and economically, they will soon be caught up with militarily, and indeed culturally and linguistically.”
CLR's most popular articles
- The Office Recap: Finale (Season 9, Episode 23) (1,642 views)
- Early Review: Don Jon (1,594 views)
- Oh, Those Crazy Modern Victorians: Or What the Heck Is Steampunk? (978 views)
- Mad Men Recap: "Man with a Plan" and "The Crash" (Season 6, Episodes 7 and 8) (672 views)
- Setting Fallout 4 Pt. 2 (of 2) - On The Road Again! (395 views)
- 100 Greatest Gangster Films: Pulp Fiction, #5 (333 views)
- 100 Greatest Gangster Films: The Godfather, #1 (330 views)
- Civil War 150 – A Readers’ Guide (Part 3) (315 views)
- The Paintings of Tom Palmore (295 views)
- Mad Men Recap: "The Better Half" (Season 6, Episode 9) (282 views)
- Photo Essay: North Korean Propaganda Posters (194,628 views)
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett (175,510 views)
- Kick-Ass and the Hit-Girl debacle (80,999 views)
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (75,562 views)
- Erotic Art of Ancient Pompeii (56,665 views)
- Video Game Review: Mass Effect 3 (55,356 views)
- Images from How To Photograph an Atomic Bomb (51,788 views)
- Frida Kahlo at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (44,506 views)
- The Strange World of Quantum Entanglement (37,988 views)
- Mad (wo)Men: The Complexity of Womanhood in "Mad Men" (37,539 views)
Get The Latest California Literary Review Updates Delivered Free To Your Inbox!
Powered by FeedBlitz